Literary Supper with Elizabeth Haynes
7pm Weds 11th July
Jardine Cafe & Bistro
High St, Wivenhoe
2 course supper and a glass of wine £12.95
‘Into the Darkest Corner’ is an edgy and powerful first novel, utterly convincing in its portrayal of obsession, and a tour de force of suspense. Author Elizabeth Haynes will be joining us to talk about the book.
About the Book
Catherine has been enjoying the single life for long enough to know a good catch when she sees one. Gorgeous, charismatic, spontaneous – Lee seems almost too perfect to be true. And her friends clearly agree, as each in turn falls under his spell.
But there is a darker side to Lee. His erratic, controlling and sometimes frightening behaviour means that Catherine is increasingly isolated. Driven into the darkest corner of her world, and trusting no one, she plans a meticulous escape. Four years later, struggling to overcome her demons, Catherine dares to believe she might be safe from harm. Until one phone call changes everything.
‘Into the Darkest Corner’ is in stock at the bookshop – or you can order your copy of the book on 01206 824050
Choose from the menu and book your place for supper. Call 01206 824050 or email to book.
- Slow Roast Rump of Beef, Spinach, Thyme Fondant Potato and Red Wine Sauce |gf|
- Pan Fried Haddock with White Bean, Chorizo and Mushroom Cassoulet |gf|
- Warm Summer Vegetable Salad with Goat Cheese Mousse Tapenade and Pesto Sauce |v, gf|
- Apple Tart Tatin with Apple and Raisin Dressing, Vanilla Ice Cream |v|
- French and English Cheeses with Crackers, Grapes and Pear Chutney |v|
- Sorbet |v, gf|